Sunday, September 25, 2005

R.I.P. Cowboy


Rest In Peace:
Cowboy



Real Name: Keith Wiggins
Hailing From: Bronx New York
Date Of Birth: September 20 1960
Date Of Death: September 8 1989
Cause Of Death: Cocaine overdose, after two years addicted to crack.

Cowboy was the first rapper Grand Master Flash chose to be a member of the Furious 5 back in 78'. His cause of death is a sad way to end the life of one of hip hop's legends, especially one involved in the track "White Lines (Don't Do It)"

Albums:
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - The Message (1982)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - Greatest Messages (1983)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - They Said It Couldn't Be Done (1985)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - Stepping Off (1985)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - The Source (1986)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - Ba-dop-boom-bang (1987)
Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - On The Strength (1988)

MP3:
Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five - Back In The Old Days Of Hip Hop

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP
i never know you personally, but i knew u do a lot for hip-hop culture. one love Cowboy!

Anonymous said...

Rip
I love the way he said I'm cowbody I'm running this show my zodiac sign is virgo# Virgo me too!

Quencia said...

You people need to get ya facts straight my father didn't pass away from no overdose. SMH.

Quencia said...

You people need to get ya facts straight my father didn't pass away from no overdose. SMH.

Anonymous said...

I heard so many things why he past but I can't say, but he no here anymore and that is not cool. Thanks for being one of the cats who brought rap/ hip hop to the world. Now can we all "Throw your hands in the air and wave them like you don't care"! Thanks Cowboy. The brother from Chicago- SOUTHSIDE. We love hip hop/ rap.

Carlos Bolden said...

It's Good That You Letting Everybody Know The Truth. The Media Took His Death And Ran With It Cause That's The Way White Media Think Of All Black Men As Drug Addicts. White People Died Of Drug Addiction Worser Than Black People. Meth Has Been Killing White People For Years Now!

underworldraps said...

I still have Cowboys autograph till this day RIP Real Mcoy

underworldraps said...

I still have Cowboys autograph till this day RIP Real Mcoy

Anonymous said...

He was very handsome.

Anonymous said...

WOW ADDICTION IS A DISEASE BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE IT GET EDUCATION ON IT. SORRY HE PASSED SO YOUNG RIP COWBOY YOU STILL COWBOY AND RUNNING THIS SHOW YOUR ZODIAC SIGN IS VIRGO

Anonymous said...

He wrote my favorite line in rap. It's not a deep line or an impressive rhyme. It just makes me smile every time. From It's Nasty:

Well, I'm a Cowboy. I'm the real McCoy.
I'm chocolate all over like an Almond Joy.

Unknown said...

I knew him when I was very young went to school with his sister

Unknown said...

Cowboy much respect

Unknown said...

Cowboy much respect

Hip Hop Fan said...

Virgos Stand Up!

Demon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Demon said...

I know I'm very late to this post, but there is no possible way he or anyone can die of a crack overdose?!
Cocaine maybe...sure they're the same but still.

Anyway, what is the truth?
Thanks.✌

Mo-let said...

I'm gonna talk about the man that's real Mccoy no other cool brother than keep cowboy I wear a 8 & a half a 29 waist a medium shirt take a look @ my face u check out my hair then u look n my eyez cuz all I'm here 2 do ladies is hypotiz said a hip hop shoop bop d dop take a look on ur arm & check ur clock(lol,sumthing like that)..my favorite ryhme/line by him..

Mo-let said...

That's "keef cowboy" not "keep cowboy"..I had 2 correct "mysef"..actually it's this damn phone..lol

Mo-let said...

This is my 1st tyme hearing his death was "drug related"..I read or heard or sumthing that it was "aids/pneumonia" related..idk but wut I do kno is that brother "rapping skills" were "superb/awesum/on-point"..