Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The Cousin of Death

The Cousin Of Death


Thinking back about 3 or 4 years there would be days I wouldn't sleep for 3 days in a row, and the lack of sleep wasn't even substance induced. Thankfully those days are now long gone, but I've never been one of those people who manage a consistant 8 hours a night, not that I need it - 5 is usually more than enough. Over the last couple of weeks though I've just felt constantly exhausted, maybe it's just that time of the year. Anyway, enough about that...

It brings me to the point of this blog post. Today I was sitting there, eyes burning through the back of my skull, and then Slaine's 'Insomnia' came on. Perfect timing for it to pop up. It got me thinking of Perth rapper Drapht's track of the same name, and then a few others sprung to mind. This post includes a link to just 10 of many tracks that rappers have made about (or at least referring to) sleep deprevation. So next time you're having trouble getting to sleep, forget counting sheep - just put your headphones in and bump these tracks.

MP3s:

BeKay - I Need Sleep
Brother Ali - Sleepwalker
Cage - Among The Sleep
Drapht - Insomnia
Haystak - Strangest Dreams
Joe Budden - In My Sleep
La Coka Nostra - Cousin Of Death
Natas - Nightmares
Point Blank - Prone To Bad Dreams
Slaine - Insomnia
>> DOWNLOAD <<

No comments: